|Title||Assistant Preschool Teacher|
|Salary||Starting Pay Rate $11 – $12 per hour depending on experience and education|
I. General Function: The Assistant Preschool Teacher is responsible for assisting the Lead Preschool Teacher in: creating and maintaining a clean learning environment, forming and maintaining positive relationships with students, implementing curriculum, and documenting individual learning.
II. Entry Requirements
• Must pass a Background check
• High School Diploma or higher
• Applicants must have completed the 45 hour course and have or be willing to pursue a CDA or a degree in ECE.
• Must be physically agile, highly energetic and be able to work both indoors and outdoors
III. Job Segments
• KNOWS and FOLLOWS health, safety, nutrition, and infection control policies and emergency procedures. KNOWS and APPLIES basic first aid and PREPARES accident reports in cases of accidents and injuries.
• CLEANS and STERILIZES equipment and toys daily. MAINTAINS a neat and orderly preschool environment. PERFORMS an equal share of general housekeeping duties. MAINTAINS and STORES equipment properly.
• SHOWS a warm, positive, and playful attitude and disposition. WORKS cooperatively and harmoniously with all staff.
• FOLLOWS and EXCEEDS licensing standards, FOCUS criteria, and Accreditation standards
• MAINTAINS a fun and interactive learning environment that is clean and organized.
• CREATES fun and interactive learning experiences.
• ASSISTS in the maintenance of portfolios for each child that document the work and projects that demonstrate a progression of learning.
• FORMS strong relationships with families.
• PARTICIPATES in monthly classroom parent meetings, fundraising activities and family events for the preschool.
• Actively PARTICIPATES in developing and furthering personal professional development plan and continuing education. MAINTAINS required level of training hours with required documentation.
• MAINTAINS a professional attitude and loyalty to the program and SUPPORTS the policies and philosophy of Children’s Choice.